The service allows removing protection from or finding passwords for the following file types:
Microsoft Word documents
- Instantly removes password to modify the document and deletes all editing and formatting restrictions in MS Word 97-2013 documents.
- For documents saved in MS Word 97-2003 format with standard protection ensures guaranteed removal of password to open the document.
- For documents, saved in MS Word 2007-2010 format, allows to instantly decrypt more than half of the documents, protected with a password to open.
- Offers to find an original password to open MS Word document of any version using a supercomputer.
Microsoft Excel spreadsheets
- Instantly removes protection of workbook elements, worksheet elements, elements in a shared workbook and removes password to modify the document on MS Excel 97-2013 spreadsheets.
- For MS Excel spreadsheets, saved in 97-2003 format with default encryption, allows to remove password to open from all the documents.
- For MS Excel spreadsheets, saved in the new 2007-2010 format, allows instantly removing password with half of the documents.
- Provides opportunity to find an original password to open MS Excel spreadsheets of any version using a supercomputer.
Microsoft PowerPoint presentations
- Instantly removes password to modify PowerPoint 2007-2013 presentations.
- Tries to detect vulnerability and instantly remove protection from presentation saved in the new 2007-2010 format, secured by a password to open.
- If this cannot be performed, it can try to find an original password to open a presentation using a supercomputer.
Our service also does support MS Office files created in MacOS.
Visual Basic for Applications projects
- VBA project passwords are instantly removed from all types of Excel, Word and PowerPoint 97-2013 files.
The service does not support:
- Files larger than 10 MB.
- Office 2013 files protected with a password to open.
- PowerPoint presentations saved in the old 97-2003 format.
- Documents created in MS Office 95 and earlier versions.
- Excel 2007/2010/2013 files with .xlsb (Excel Binary File Format) extension.
- Microsoft Office 97 files created in the French version of MS Office.
- Files protected with the Information Rights Management (IRM) technology.
- Files protected by external software (for example, Office Security OwnerGuard).
- Files created in Office 2007/2010 with protection different from the default protection type. (The standard protection used for document encryption can be changed by the network administrator with Office Customization Tool).
Passwords containing national language characters (e.g. hieroglyphs, Cyrillic letters, etc.) can’t be recovered with the “Find password” approach.
Files created in Office XP/2003 and protected by a non-standard Cryptographic Service Provider (CSP) can’t be unprotected with the “Remove password” approach; however, there’s a strong probability that the “Find password” option will help.